Miss Deborah Slade
MSc Autonomous Health Care, PG Cert Higher Professional Education, BSc (hons.) Biological Sciences, Registered General Nurse, ENB 100 - Intensive Care Nursing and ENB 148 - Neurosciences Nursing, ALS Instructor, ALERT Instructor.
Senior Lecturer / Subject Co-ordinator
Oxford School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Senior lecturer / Subject Co-ordinator for Advanced Practice Master's programmes, PG Cert Minor Injuries and Illness Management
- Subject Co-ordinator for MSc Cancer Studies, MSc Palliative Care - Global Perspectives, and the SACT course.
Areas of expertise
- Critical Care / Intensive Care Nursing Practice
- Multi-professional Advanced Clinical Practice
- Medical Sciences
Teaching and supervision
- Advanced history taking and assessment
- Diagnostic Reasoning in Practice
- Advanced Critical Care Practice
- Management of the acute and deteriorating adult
- Independent / Supplementary Prescribing
Teaching focuses on modules associated with the advanced practice Master's programmes
MSc dissertation supervisor
Memberships of professional bodies
- NMC Registered - nurse and teacher
- 'Association of Advanced Practice Educators (UK)' - committee member.
- Advanced Life Support Instructor
- Acute Life Threatening Events Recognition & Treatment (ALERT) Instructor