Dr Edit Willcox-Ficzere
PhD, MA in TESOL and Applied Linguistics, DELTA, BEd
Pathways Senior Lecturer and Subject Coordinator
Oxford Brookes Business School
My main responsibility is the management of the University English Department. I also teach language skills on pre-sessional courses and an UG module in Language Teaching.
Teaching and supervision
- Academic Reading;
- Academic Writing;
- Core Language Skills;
- Language Teaching:
- Learning and Creativity
My main research interest is L2 pragmatics and the assessment of ESL learners’ pragmatic competence. My PhD research focused on assessing ESL learners’ pragmatic competence at B2-C2 levels.
slide 1 of 6
- Conference presenter: BAELc5 University of Bonn, Germany. Presentation topic: Assessing EFL learners’ pragmatic competence in speaking: Some pragmatic features CEFR B2 level learners display in speech
- Presenter at an Intercultural Communication Conference organised by University of Latvia (title: Usefulness of Teaching Politeness Strategies in English Language Classrooms); May 2013
- Presenter at the BAELc3 conference organised by University of Bonn (title: Comparing pragmatic strategies in letters of complaint and using this information for teaching purposes.); May 2014.
- Poster presentation at the Language Testing Forum organised by University of Southampton (title: How well do different task formats elicit L2 learners’ pragmatic competence?); November 2014.
- Presenter at the CRELLA (University of Bedfordshire) winter research seminar (title: How well do different task formats elicit L2 learners’ pragmatic competence?); December 2014
- Presenter at the ALTE conference (Bologna, Italy), May 2017. (Title: Assessing the pragmatic competence of EFL learners at B2-C2 levels.)
- Presenter at BAELc6 conference (University of Bonn, Germany), May 2017. (Title: Assessing the pragmatic competence of EFL learners in speaking at B2-C2 levels.
- Presenter at the EALTA conference (Paris, France), June 2017. (Title: Assessing the pragmatic competence of ESL learners at B2-C2 levels.)
- Presenter at the INPRA conference (Nicosia, Cyprus), June 2018. (Title: An investigation into assessing the pragmatic competence of ESL learners at B2-C2 levels.)
- Presenter at the EALTA conference (Dublin, Ireland), June 2019. (Title: Assessing ESL learners’ pragmatic competence at CEFR B2-C2 levels)