Mr Joël Chappell
BA Arch Hons, MArchD, MA Ed - HE Pathway
School of Architecture
- Subject Coordinator for Masters in Architecture programme.
- Unit lead for MArchD Specialisation in Advanced Archiitectural Design & DS7
Teaching and supervision
- Design Research
- Design Realisation
- Urban Cultures
- Architecture and the City
- Dissertation - Masters in Architecture
- Analogue↔Digital epistemology.
- Design through atmosphere, experience and artefact.
Current areas of supervision and teaching
- Masters brief - Further adventures in Arcadia.
- Lectures on digital making and modelling.
- Developing a cohesive approach to 3D communication through analogous processes within a modelling workshop.
Masters in Architecture Dissertation
- Imagination and Immersion within Architectural Education
- Kinesthetic 3D modelling through VR and feedback devices
- Activity Theory as illuminator
- Development of rapid prototyping for bespoke residential purpose through furniture.
- Lightweight tessellated surface structures.
Research group membership
- Design, Theory, Practice Group
- RIBA (Associate Member)
- 100k Garages
Research grants and awards
- DTP Funding for Kinesthetic modelling through VR
- University as Studio
Memberships of professional bodies
Advance HE Teaching Fellow