Mrs Julia Winter
Julia has worked in nurse education since 1993, holding posts in both London and Oxford, with responsibility for both pre and post registration programme management.
Clinical background: General children’s medicine, surgery, orthopaedics and respiratory.
Currently Principal Lecturer Quality Assurance with responsibility for:
- leading, managing and reviewing activity which enhances the student experience
- support to the process of approval and quality assurance of programmes within the Faculty
- liaison with health and social care professional and regulatory bodies to inform programme management and secure and retain accreditation
- member of the Children's Nursing programme team
Additional responsibilities include:
- working with colleagues within the Faculty responding to University strategy around quality assurance and student experience
- supporting the development of and engagement with wider university strategy and regulations
- support the development and delivery of collaborative programmes
- oversee annual review processes
- support external quality assurance of faculty provision
- support aspects of external engagement and student recruitment
- contribution to children's nursing taught curriculum , including acute care and field consolidation module
- dissertation supervision
- assessment and progression management
- academic advisor
- link lecturer
Teaching and supervision
- Clinical and professional skills
- Legal and ethical issues
- Professional concepts
- Management concepts and theory
- Peer supported transition
- Oxford Brookes Teaching Fellowship July 2014 - July 2016.
- Disciplinary approach to peer supported transition.
Memberships of professional bodies
- NMC Reviewer