Mrs Julia Winter
Principal Lecturer Quality Assurance
Oxford School of Nursing and Midwifery
Julia has worked in nurse education since 1993, holding posts in both London and Oxford, with responsibility for both pre and post registration programme management.
Clinical background: General children’s medicine, surgery, orthopaedics and respiratory.
Currently Principal Lecturer Quality Assurance with responsibility for:
- leading, managing and reviewing activity which enhances the student experience
- support to the process of approval and quality assurance of programmes within the Faculty
- liaison with health and social care professional and regulatory bodies to inform programme management and secure and retain accreditation
- member of the Children's Nursing programme team
Additional responsibilities include:
- working with colleagues within the Faculty responding to University strategy around quality assurance and student experience
- supporting the development of and engagement with wider university strategy and regulations
- support the development and delivery of collaborative programmes
- oversee annual review processes
- support external quality assurance of faculty provision
- support aspects of external engagement and student recruitment
- contribution to children's nursing taught curriculum , including acute care and field consolidation module
- dissertation supervision
- assessment and progression management
- academic advisor
- link lecturer
Teaching and supervision
- Clinical and professional skills
- Legal and ethical issues
- Professional concepts
- Management concepts and theory
- Peer supported transition
- Oxford Brookes Teaching Fellowship July 2014 - July 2016.
- Disciplinary approach to peer supported transition.
slide 1 of 6
Memberships of professional bodies
- NMC Reviewer