MBA, PGC, BBus
I currently hold the position of Subject Coordinator for BA (Business and Management Top Up, which requires understanding and continuous development of the programme to meet the changing needs of current and potential students. I also hold positions of lecturer, tutor (personal and placement), academic advisor for a number of students on a number of programmes, Module lead for UG & PG modules, which requires the administrative and development of programmes and modules. I currently lead two (2) PG modules and teach on seven (7) compulsory modules on Business Enterprise and Entrepreneurship BA and have a long standing familiarity with the programmes. I have also acted as an additional marker and tutor on two (2) other MBA modules Entrepreneurial Theory and Practice and Planning New Business Ventures over the past four years.
Teaching and supervision
- Business Management (Final Year Entry) (BA (Hons))
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MSc)
- Business, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship (BA (Hons))
- Strategic Business Simulation
- Planning for New Business Ventures
- Entrepreneurial Business Management
- Critical Enquiry Research Project
- Managing Careers
In addition to the subjects currently taught, in the past 6 Years I have also taught consistently on:
- Strategic Management
- Creativity and Innovation
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Leading and Managing Change
- Business in Society
I have also acted as replacement tutor and assessment marker on Entrepreneur behaviour and Practice Entrepreneurial Theory and Practice and Live Client Strategy Project
Areas of interests are Entrepreneurship, New and community ventures and startups , Women and startups, Creativity development in organisation. Changing perspectives on leadership and change management. Current research: Challenges of creative innovation and commercialisation in business education providers in the UK.
Much of my research is used to inform growth trends and sustainability practices and policies for small enterprises and startups. These are shared with community groups and business hubs to assist their members and local community groups.
Memberships of professional bodies
- Fellow member Chartered Managers Institute (FCMI) UK
- Member of Australian Institute of Management (AIM)
- Member of Australian Vocational Education & Training Research Association (AVETRA)
- Member ASA (CPA) of Certified Practising Accountants
- Member of Women’s Leadership Network
- Advance HE
- British Academy of Management Annual Conferences,
- Advance HE Annual Conference and programmes.
- IGPP Driving Sustainability in Higher Education Virtual Conference.
Small businesses and startups in Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Buckinghamshire and Northants.
I have 30 years experience lecturing at UG and PG level more recently in the UK (17 years) and previously in Australia (13 years), along with extensive management and administrative experience gained as Head of School and programme manager for a number of qualifications.