I am the Course Leader for the Post-graduate Certificate in Neonatal Practice Course for post-qualified registered nurses and a Module Leader for The Sick Neonate module which is an optional module unddertaken by 2nd year undergraduate children's nursing and midwifery students and MSc students undertaking an independent study module.
I regularly work in practice in a Level 3 neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) supporting students in meeting their learning needs and facilitating professional development of qualified staff in developing their knowledge, skills and confidence in practice.
Teaching and supervision
- P44022 Recognition,Stabilisation and Management of at risk neonates
- P44023 Neonatal High Dependency and Intensive Care Practice
- U40529 / U40573 The Sick Neonate Module
- U40570 Nursing Children with Complex Care Needs
Memberships of professional bodies
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Royal College of Nursing
Areas of expertise
- Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing Practice