Lindsay is the Associate Dean for Education and Student Experience at Oxford Brookes Business School (OBBS).
Responsible for the Education and Enterprise portfolio of OBBS and quality assurance/enhancement across the Business School, Lindsay also plays a leading role in shaping and implementing University teaching and learning strategy. Previous roles at Brookes have included the Director of UG Studies for OBBS and Head of Department for Marketing (Academic).
Prior to joining Brookes, Lindsay was a Head of School in a Further Education College and has commercial experience in the area of sales and marketing management and freelance marketing consultancy.
Sitting on a number of University-wide committees and groups, Lindsay has a particular interest in ‘otherness’ and, relatedly, is currently Chair of the Stonewall Work Equality Index Steering Group at Oxford Brookes University.
Lindsay's main research interest (and PhD thesis) is in the area of advertising and sexuality, mobilising insights from queer theory to challenge both normative scholarly assertions and associated (advocated) advertising practice.
Lindsay has also researched in the area of film-tourism, exploring destination images in film and television and how they influence tourism choices.
Handley K, Williams L, 'From copying to learning: using exemplars to engage students with assessment criteria and feedback'
Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education 34 (2011) pp.95-108
ISSN: 0260-2938 eISSN: 1469-297XAbstract Published here
Bolan P, Williams L, 'The role of image in service promotion: Focusing on the influence of film on consumer choice within tourism'
International Journal of Consumer Studies 15 (4) (2008) pp.382-390
ISSN: 1470-6423Abstract Published here
- Williams, L. (2015) Visual Exposure: Queering Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered (LGBT) advertising. Paper presented at the 4th International Visual Methods Conference, University of Brighton, September.
- Williams, L. (2011) 'Advertising Approaches to Attract the Gay Consumer: A Cultural Contextualisation of Commercial Opportunities'. Paper presented at the European Marketing Academy Conference (EMAC), University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, May.
- Williams, L. and Platt, B. (2010) 'Improving the Undergraduate student induction experience through the use of a 'live' induction wiki'. Paper presented at the European First Year Experience, Plantijn Hogeschool University College, Belgium, May.
- Caterer, J., Bolan, P. and Williams, L. (2009) 'If you film it, they will come!: film and TV related tourism and screen policy in the UK'. Paper presented at the MeCCSA Annual Conference, University of Bradford, January.
- Williams, L. (2008) 'Advertising to the gay consumer: Moving towards a consumer perspective'. Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Conference, Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, July, pp. , ISBN 978-1-901085945
- Bolan, P. and Williams, L. (2007) 'Film-induced tourism and the consumer experience: Focusing on the role image can play in service promotion'. Paper presented at the Extraordinary Experiences Conference: Managing the Consumer Experience in Hospitality, Leisure, Sport, Tourism, Retail and Events, Bournemouth, September.
- Handley, K. and Williams, L. (2007) 'From copying to learning? How students use a databank of marked assignments to improve the quality of their assignment'. Paper presented at the ALTC, Nottingham, September.
- Bolan, P. and Williams, L. (2007) 'The role of image in service promotion: Focusing on the influence of film on consumer choice within tourism'. Paper presented at the 3rd International Consumer Sciences Conference, University of Ulster, June.
- Williams, L. (2007) 'Varieties of module delivery: Challenges in teaching and learning consistency'. Paper presented at the BMAF Conference, Aston University, Birmingham, May.