In her role as Deputy Associate Dean, Education and Student Experience, Lisa works with the Associate Dean, Education and Student Experience to support the OBBS Education and Enterprise Strategy, which includes working with the OBBS Student Partners, Student Experience Task and Finish Projects and Peer Observation Champions. In her role as Programme Lead, she leads the Pathways Programmes, which includes Foundation, Pre-Master's and Pre-sessional English. Lisa has experience in both the higher education and private language sector working with international students. In addition to working in the UK, she has worked in Italy, France, Switzerland and the US.
Teaching and supervision
- International Foundation Business and Technology (BA (Hons), BSc (Hons))
- Pre-Master's Certificate - English Language and Study Skills (Certificate)
- International Business (Final Year Entry) (BA (Hons))
Essential Skills for Academic Success
I am also Module Leader and tutor on the Modern Languages with Translation undergraduate programme (Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences)
Having completed a Master's in Online and Distance Education, I am interested in e-learning and the use of technology in teaching and learning, in particular around online assessment and feedback. I am also interested in working with students as partners.
Memberships of professional bodies
BALEAP, IATEFL, University Pathways Alliance
- Working with international students, OCSLD workshop, Oxford Brookes University July 2016, January 2017 and April 2017
- BALEAP PIM: Technology and EAP, Southampton University 2012: Delivering Digital Literacy Partnerships with EAP students (with Edward Bressan)
- BALEAP PIM: Feedback in EAP, Oxford Brookes University 2013: How students and teachers can use a social bookmarking tool to give feedback and leave comments on online resources
Aligning people with purpose:
Creating professional development opportunities through strategic LTSE projects at Oxford Brookes Business School (OBBS) (Case study presentation), CABS LTSE, May 2023 (with Dr Lindsay Williams); Learning to do: Collaborative Learning - EAP meets ESD (Workshop), BALEAP PIM, March 2023; Working with students as partners: Reflections on an OBBS pilot (Presentation), Brookes Learning and Teaching Conference, June 2022 (with Dr Sara le Roux); Collaborative learning and groupwork - session 2 (Workshop), ESD in Pathways Learning Lunches, March 2022; Learning to do: communication and collaboration (Workshop), ESD in Pathways Learning Lunches, November 2021 (with Rebekah Payne); Interactive feedback on student work using Padlet, an example (narrated PowerPoint and live panel discussion), Brookes Learning and Teaching Conference, June 2021; Ensuring timely, useful feedback on assessment to students: using audio and audio-visual feedback, Talking Teaching webinar, OCSLD event, Oxford Brookes University, October 2020; Digital Pedagogies: Teaching and Learning Online (Workshop), Pathways webinar, May 2020