Mr Matthew Catterall
MSc, Pg Cert, BSc (Hons), Dip IMC (RCSEd), Dip HCP (ECP), Paramedic, MCPar
Principal Lecturer & Programme Lead - Paramedic Practice
Department of Psychology, Health and Professional Development
Matt is Principal Lecturer and Programme Lead for the FdSc in Paramedic Emergency Care and BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science. He is a Paramedic having worked as a Specialist Paramedic and Advanced Paramedic during his career. Professionally he has Chaired the College of Paramedic Third Curriculum and Career Framework Review and is a member of their Education Advisory Committee, alongside examining for the Diploma in Immediate Medical Care, the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
His Master’s degree is in Cardiology and Education and has presented upon the role of Critical Care Paramedics. These research activities have allowed him to act as an Expert Advisor for National Institute for Health Research proposals and develop a MSc Pre-Hospital Emergency Medicine degree to enhance Paramedic practice.
Teaching and supervision
- Fundamentals of Clinical Practice
- Developing Patient Assessment and Management
- Developing Paramedic Clinical Practice
- Enhanced Patient Assessment and Management
- Paramedic Science Dissertation
- Enhanced Paramedic Clinical Practice
I teach on a range of modules, predominantly supporting students in practice and utilising my expertise in cardiology.
PhD candidate at the University of Hertfordshire with a thesis exploring Paramedics Clinical Reasoing through a mixed-methods appropach.
Catterall Matthew, Bromwich Keith Paul, Phillips Alyesha Nicole, Eaton Georgette, 'Oxford Brookes faculty take on Turkish Paramedic Rally and International Congress 2015'
Journal of Paramedic Practice 8 (5) (2016) pp.228-230
ISSN: 1759-1376 eISSN: 2041-9457Published here Open Access on RADAR
Perry M, Bromwich K, Caterall M, 'A Call for Research into the Link Between Professional Practice and Education'
Journal of Paramedic Practice 8 (2) (2016) pp.66-
ISSN: 1759-1376 eISSN: 2041-9457Abstract Published here
Memberships of professional bodies
- Paramedic registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Paramedic member of the College of Paramedics
- Member of the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care,
- Registrant visitor with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Examiner for the Diploma in Immediate Medical Care Examination