BSc (Hons), PGDip, PGCE, QTS, FCCT
Senior Lecturer in ITE: Partnerships & Computing
School of Education
My role here at Oxford Brookes is to lecture on the Initial Teacher Training (ITE) as well as provide the subject knowledge leadership and expertise for Computing. I teach both the PGCE and BA courses and work with partnerships, including School Direct and other organisations.
As part of my extended role, I am also seconded one day a week to the National Centre for Computing Education (NCCE) as the Primary Lead for the Bucks and Oxon Computing Hub as well as a member of both the NCCE Subject Practitioners Panel and British Computing Society (BCS) School Curriculum and Assessment Committee.
Teaching and supervision
- PGCE 5-11 and 3-7
- BA Primary Teacher Education
- School Direct Programme
Teaching PGCE and BA Initial Teacher Education.
Primary and Secondary Computing.
In service teacher training in Computing through Bucks and Oxon Computing Hub.
- School Computing Education, Digital Stratergy and Edtech
- Computer science education, prorgamming and physical computing
- Teacher professional development
- School Managment and Leadership.
Areas of expertise
- Computing Education and Edtech
- Primary and Secondary School Education
- Information Technology and Digital Stratergy in Education
- School management and Leadership.
Memberships of professional bodies
- Fellow of the Chartered College of Teaching
- Member of the BCS School Curriculum and Assessment Commitee
- Member of the NCCE Subject Practitioners Panel
- Member of CAS (Computing at School) and Leader of the local Community of Practice.
I have presented at the CAS (Computing at School) National Conference at Birmingham University, CAS London Conference and at the University of Hertfordshire Computing Education Conference.
I have provided consultancy in Computing Education to a number of local schools in both Oxfordshire and Bucks mainly through my work as Teach Computing Hub Lead for Bucks and Oxon.
I am a highly trained Educationalist and Computing professional who has over 16 years of experience in teaching across both primary and secondary schools. I have extensive knowledge of School Leadership and Management having previously held the post of Assistant Headteacher, Digital Strategy at Headington Prep School Oxford. I have strong skills in leading teacher development and training through my role as Computing Hub Leader and as a Subject Matter Expert for Computing.
Prior to my career in education, I worked in the IT Industry as a Consultant and Systems Support Analyst.
Below is a list of my achievements and publications
- 2014 - Awarded Computing At School (CAS): BCS Certificate of Computer Science Teaching
- 2016 - CAS Primary Community Leader for Oxfordshire Primary
- 2017 - Raspberry Pi Certified Educator
- 2017 - CEOP Ambassador
- 2017 - Article written for Hello World Magazine
- 2017 - Member of BCS School Curriculum and Assessment Committee
- 2018 - Admitted as CAS Master Teacher
- 2018 - Presented at CAS National Conference
- 2019 - Member of the NCCE and RPi Subject Practitioners Panel
- 2019 - Awarded Google Educator Level 1
- 2019 - Awarded NCCE STEM Learning Associate Facilitators CPD Mark
- 2019 - Article written for HelloWorld Magazine
- 2020 - Presented at CAS London conference with Jane Waite
- 2020 - Admitted as a Fellow of Chartered College of Teaching
- 2020 - Article written for HelloWorld Magazine issue 14
- 2021 - Member of the BCS Digital Literacy Working Group
- 2022 - Awarded STEM Learning Lead Facilitator CPD Mark
- 2022 - Article written for HelloWorld Magazine about the STEM process in Primary.
I have been teaching since 2005 in both secondary and primary as a Teacher, Subject Leader of Computing and Assistant Head Teacher. Prior to my career in education I worked in the IT Industry as a Consultant and Systems Support Analyst.
I am a CAS Master Teacher, Community of Practice Leader, BCS Certified Computer Science Teacher, Raspberry Pi Certified Educator, CEOP Ambassador and I am Lead Facilitator for National Centre for Computing Education (NCCE). On Thusdays I work for the NCCE delivering CPD as Primary Schools Lead and SME of the Teach Computing Bucks and Oxon Computing Hub.
I helped to produce content for the new Teach Computing Curriuclum and complete by CSA. I have also written a number of articles for HelloWorld magazine in conjunction with Jane Waite. Recently, I was admitted as a Fellow of Chartered College of Teaching.
I am a member of the BCS School Curriculum and Assessment Committee and the NCCE Subject Practitioners Panel.