Peter teaches on the MA in Coaching & Mentoring Practice in the International Centre for Coaching and Mentoring Studies, as well as allied programmes and commercial activities
Peter is a professional coach, facilitator and supervisor as well as an active researcher. His coaching practice has a particular focus on the challenges of general management and the dynamics of individual change within organisations. He is also the Oxford Brookes University Module Leader for Coaching and Mentoring Practice modules and Independent Study. Peter is also a teacher of Coaching Supervision, and has also taught previously on courses in Reflective Practice in Higher Education and Online Learning (through OCSLD).
Teaching and supervision
- Coaching and Mentoring Practice Fundamentals
- Advanced Coaching and Mentoring Practice
- Research in Coaching and Mentoring
- Independent Study and Dissertation supervision
- Issues in Qualitative Research (doctoral programme)
PhD and DCM supervision.
|Cornelia Bogatu||Exploring identity development of independent professional coaches - a narrative study||Active|
Peter's research interests are in the field of coaching and mentoring. His PhD looked at embodied coaching practices, developing a theory of embodiment for coaching.
Centres and institutes
Bachkirova T, Jackson P, Hennig C, Moral M, 'Supervision in coaching: Systematic literature review'
International Coaching Psychology Review 15 (2) (2020)
ISSN: 1750-2764 eISSN: 2396-8753Abstract Open Access on RADAR
Bachkirova T, Jackson P, Gannon J, Iordanou I, Myers A, 'Re-conceptualising coach education from the perspectives of pragmatism and constructivism'
Philosophy of Coaching: An International Journal 2 (2) (2017) pp.29-50
ISSN: 2371-5251Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Jackson P, Cox E, 'The philosophical influences that have shaped coaching'
International Journal of Coaching in Organizations 7 (1) (2009)
Jackson P, 'How do we describe coaching? An exploratory development of a typology of coaching based on the accounts of UK-based practitioners'
International Journal of Evidence Based Coaching and Mentoring (2005)
Jackson P, 'Understanding the experience of experience: a practical model of reflective practice for Coaching'
International Journal of Evidence Based Coaching and Mentoring (2004)
- Jackson, P. & Lawrence, P. (2020) ‘What are the challenging questions faced by developing coaching supervisors’ Association of Coaching Supervisors Virtual Supervision Conference, 11 March, 2020.
- Jackson, P. (2019) ‘Keynote: What is research knowledge in coaching?’ 9th International Coaching Mentoring and Supervision Research Conference (EMCC), Oxford, July 2019.
- Jackson, P. (2018) ‘Keynote: Where are we going and how do we get there?’ Coaching Supervision in the Americas: Elevating Our Coaching Practice, Victoria:BC, April 20 2018.
- Jackson, P. (2015) ‘Supervision as Critical Sense Making’, 5th International Conference in Coaching Supervision, Oxford Brookes University, July 2015.
- Jackson. P. (2015) ‘Lies, Damn Lies and Transcripts: Interpretation as Being-in-the-World’, Oxford Brookes 11th annual Coaching & Mentoring Research Conference, January 2015.
- Pritchard, J. and Jackson, P. (2013) ‘Case Study: Internal Coaching within the Civil Service’. Time to Develop, Association for Coaching UK Conference, September 2013.
- Jackson. P. (2013) ‘How do we investigate embodied practice situations?’ Oxford Brookes / Burgundy School of Business Joint Research Conference, Dijon, June 2013.
- Jackson, P. (2017) ‘An interpretive argument for multiple methods’, 13th Annual Coaching and Mentoring Research Conference, Oxford Brookes University, January 2017
- Jackson. P. (2016) 'How do we investigate real-world practices’, Coaching@mdx: Sifting the evidence – research, practice and impact, Middlesex University, November 2016
- Jackson, P. (2012) 'The Empty Chair: Where does embodiment sit in coaching?'. Paper presented at the Qualitative Research in Management and Organization: Embodiment, Imagination and Meaning, Albuquerque, NM, April.
- Gray, D. and Jackson, P. (2011) 'Models of Coaching Supervision – what can we learn from counselling and psychotherapy?'. Paper presented at the 1st International Conference in Coaching Supervision, Oxford, July.
- Jackson, P. (2011) 'Stormy seas and rocky outcrops: In search of a paradigm for investigating practice disciplines'. Paper presented at the Sustaining Growth Through Human Resource Development, Cheltenham, May.
- Jackson, P. (2006) 'Organisational invention as research'. Paper presented at the Association Europeenne de Coaching Conference 'Le Coaching au secours du Management', Paris, October.
- Jackson, P. (2005) 'A methodological investigation into the development of a typology of coaching'. Paper presented at the Oxford Brookes 1st Annual Coaching and Mentoring Research Conference, Oxford, April.