Ms Rachel Skittrall
BSc, MSc, DPodM, MChS
Rachel qualified from the London Foot Hospital in 1991 as a podiatrist and initially worked clinically in the Wiltshire and Dorset areas before moving into education at the London Foot Hospital, UCL in 1995. Specialist areas of interest were in microbiology, rheumatology and pathology related to podiatric medicine. Rachel joined Oxford Brookes University in 2004 as a senior lecturer responsible for teaching life sciences within the pre-registration curriculum. Since 2007 Rachel has been the programme lead for nursing in Swindon, with responsibility for both the bachelors and masters routes. Rachel is also responsible for the collaborative provision of Foundation Degrees in Health and Social Care with partner colleges in Oxford, Swindon and Sollihull.
Teaching and supervision
- Development of the Human Body and Mind
- Life Sciences for Healthcare professionals
- Life Sciecnes for Adult Nurses
- Making decisions and Using Evidence module
Memberships of professional bodies
- Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
- Registered with Health Professions Council as podiatrist
I have an interest in teaching life sciences to health care professionals and have interests in microbiology, anatomy and physiology and pathology.