Roger is Visiting Professor in the School of Education, Humanities and Languages where he co-supervises doctoral students and is a member of the Higher Education and Lifelong Learning Research Group. His substantive role is at the University of Oxford where he is Professor of Practice in Lifelong Learning.
Teaching and supervision
Roger has supervised numerous doctoral projects in the fields of student experience, graduate employability, and lifelong learning in sectors including health professions education and practice education.
Roger has published numerous monographs and articles in education studies including a 2021 collaborative literature review on graduate employability published by Advance HE and articles in the journals English in Education, Practice Education, the British Educational Technology Journal, and Innovations in Education and Teaching International.
Finch J, Schaub J, Dalrymple R, 'Projective Identification and the Fear of Failing: Making Sense of Practice Educators' Experiences of Failing Social Work Students in Practice Learning Settings'
Journal of Social Work Practice 28 (2) (2014) pp.139-154
ISSN: 0265-0533 eISSN: 1465-3885Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Stepanyan K, Mather R, Dalrymple R, 'Culture, role and group work: A Social network analysis perspective on an online collaborative course.'
British Journal of Educational Technology 45 (4) (2014) pp.676-693
ISSN: 0007-1013 eISSN: 1467-8535Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Dalrymple R, Kemp C, Smith P, 'Characterising work-based learning as a triadic learning endeavour'
Journal of Further and Higher Education 38 (1) (2014) pp.75-89
ISSN: 0309-877X eISSN: 1469-9486Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Schaub J, Dalrymple R, 'Surveillance and silence: new considerations in assessing difficult social work placements'
Journal of Practice Teaching and learning 11 (3) (2013) pp.79-97
ISSN: 1759-5150Abstract Published here
Memberships of professional bodies
- Member of the British Educational Research Association (BERA)
- Member of the National Association for the Teaching of English (NATE)
- Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (PFHEA)
- HE Member of the Quality Assurance Agency's Access Licensing and Recognition Committee
- MA Leadership and Management in Education (Distinction) Buckinghamshire New University, 2008.
- PGCE Post-Compulsory Education (Distinction) University of Reading, 2005.
- PG Diploma Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (Distinction) University of Oxford, Department of Education Studies, 2000.
- Doctor of Philosophy, English University of Oxford, St Peter’s College (British Academy Studentship), 1997.
- Master of Philosophy, English University of Oxford, St Peter’s College (British Academy Studentship), 1994.
- BA (Hons) English (1st Class Hons) University of London, Goldsmiths’ College, 1992.