Dr Saman Jamshidifard
BA, MA, PhD, TEFL-Q
Pathways (University English/Foundation) Lecturer
Oxford Brookes Business School
Present positions: University Teacher at Oxford Brookes, Inspector for Independent Schools Inspectorate.
Past positions: Interpreting and translation roles across the public sectors in Hampshire, Language analyst for British Gas and Tier 4 inspector for British Accreditation Council. Key Stage 3 Supply Teacher across Oxfordshire.
Teaching and supervision
- Academic Writing
- Academic Listening and Speaking
- Intercultural Communication
- Orientation to University Studies
- Academic Reading
Foundation and University English lecturer. Module Leader for Academic Writing 1 and Academic Listening and Speaking 2.
Language Policy and Language Planning, Language and inequality, Language and Power
- Jamshidifard, S, (2011) Iran and Global Scientific Exchange: the case of English,
Iran and Global Scientific Exchange, Wales, UK
- Jamshidifard, S, (2006) English as an Imperial Language, Sociolinguistics Symposium 16, University of Limerick Ireland.
- Jamshidifard, S, (2006) State of play versus actual needs and wants,
IATEFL Harrogate International Conference Centre
- Jamshidifard, S, (2006) English as an Islamic Language, TELLSI 06, University of Kermanshah, Iran.
- TELLSI (Iran), BAAL & Sociolinguistics Symposium (UK and Ireland)