Dr Sanat Kozhakhmet
Career and education background:
Sanat is a Senior Lecturer in Leadership/Talent Management at the Oxford Brookes Business School. He got his bachelor degree in Management from the Suleyman Demirel University, then worked for Deloitte (Big-4 auditing firm) as an auditor. After that he did his Master’s degree in HRM at University of Leeds. His industry and academic experience led to doctoral research at University of Malaya, it is the oldest and highest-ranking Malaysian university according to two international ranking agencies. After completing his PhD, he worked as an associate-research professor in HRM at the top-ranked Central Asian business schools. Sanat has also contributed in the leading and teaching post-graduate level (Master and PhD) courses such as ‘Research Methods for Business’, and ‘Quantitative Data Analyses’.
Teaching and supervision
- Understanding and Researching Organisations
- Employee Engagement, Performance and Reward
- Organization Behaviour & Management
- Developing Professional Practice
Sanat’s research focuses on how various HRM practices may affect people’s well-being, resiliency and other pro-organizational attitudes and behaviors. His other area of research focus includes joint effect of organizational and individual factors on employees work related outcomes in various organizational settings.
He has published in international scholarly journals and his work has appeared in International Journal of Human Resource Management, Journal of International Managment, Studies in Higher Education, Personnel Review, Technology Analysis & Strategic Management and Journal of Workplace Learning.
Memberships of professional bodies
- Member of British Academy of Management
- Reviewer, Journal Studies in Higher Education, Taylor & Francis Publishing House.
- Reviewer, Asia Pacific Education Review, Springer Publishing House.
- Reviewer, Journal of Information Technology for Development, Taylor & Francis Publishing House.
- Kozhakhmet S., (2021), AIB panel on challenges and opportunities for cooperation between Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) and Central Asia, Conference of Academy of International Business, CEE Chapter, Poznan, Poland.
- Gosh, A., Kozhakhmet, S., (2021), Changing ‘the Self’ in Connecting Cultures: Insights from French Embassy's SME Trade Mission in Kazakhstan. Strategic Management Society (SMS) Annual Conference, (2021), September 2021, Toronto, Canada (Shortlisted for SMS, Annual Conference Best Paper Award).
- Gosh, A., Kozhakhmet, S., (2021), Insights from French Embassy's SME Trade Mission in Kazakhstan. (2021), 12th International Process Symposium, PROS 2021/PHILOS, Rhodes, Greece.
- Strategic Management Society (SMS) Annual Conference, (2021), September 2021, Toronto, Canada (Shortlisted for SMS, Annual Conference Best Paper Award).
- Kozhakhmet, S., Nurgabdeshov, A., (2020), Does Professional Research Network Enhance Career Commitment? A Moderated Mediation model. British Academy of Management Annual Conference, September, 2020, Manchester, UK (Won Two Conference Awards 1) The second runner up for the BEST DEVELOPMENTAL PAPER AWARD on HRM track and Second 2) Highly Commended Award.
- Nurgabdeshov, A & Kozhakhmet, S. (2020). Firm Level Factors Influencing Location Choice Decision of R&D Offshoring. Annual Conference of Academy of International Business, July 2020, Miami, USA.
- Nurgabdeshov, A., Kozhakhmet, S. (2019) Country Level Factors Influencing Location Choice Decision of R&D Offshoring. Annual Conference of Academy of International Business, June 2019, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Kozhakhmet, S. Nurgabdeshov, A., (2019) When Investment in Employee Development Promotes Knowledge Sharing Behavior. British Academy of Management Annual Conference, September 2019, Birmingham, UK (accepted).