Dr Shadi Eltanani is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Embedded Systems in the School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics at Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, UK. His research interests primarily focus on developing machine learning techniques and systems for healthcare applications. He is also interested in UAVs communications, specifically in the areas of aerial coverage optimisation and interference management.
Dr Shadi completed his PhD in Computer Science at Oxford Brookes University in December 2022. His doctoral research focused on developing machine learning models to detect dynamic disturbances in human gait. While pursuing his PhD research, he held a position as a research assistant for the Criticality Analysis of Diabetes Gait in Children (CARDIGAN) research project. In this capacity, he was responsible for developing models aimed at detecting disorders and classifying high-dimensional data related to human gait. He also completed his MSc in Telecommunication Engineering with distinction at Staffordshire University, Stoke-on-Trent, UK in August 2015.
Teaching and supervision
- Real-time Embedded Robotics Systems
- Object Oriented Programming
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Foundation Engineering Mathematics
My research primarily centres on the development of cutting-edge machine learning techniques and systems specifically tailored for the demanding requirements of healthcare applications, which hold paramount importance in the field of medicine. The pursuit of this research initiatives underscores my overarching commitment to advancing scientific and technological innovation, with the ultimate goal of enabling significant improvements in the overall health and wellness of individuals, as well as promoting greater societal resilience in the face of complex health challenges. Furthermore, I maintain a research interest in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) communications, with a particular emphasis on enhancing aerial coverage optimisation and interference management.
Memberships of professional bodies
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- The 26th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications: Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC)- Workshop on ICT Solutions for eHealth (ICTS4eHealth), September 2021, Athens, Greece.
- The IEEE INFOCOM 2021 Conference on Computer Communications, May 2021, Vancouver, Canada.
- The 14th IEEE International Conference on Innovations in Information Technology (IEEE IIT'20), November 2020, Al Ain, UAE.