Dr Yan Sun is leading specialist modules for PG International Luxury Marketing at Oxford Brookes Business School. Supported by industrial contacts including luxury sectors, she has successfully introduced business engagement to module delivery on campus. Also, Dr Yan Sun is the lead tutor of Institute of Direct and digital Marketing (IDM) at Oxford Brookes University.
Dr Yan Sun has published with ABS 3*, 2* and 1* journals. Currently she is focusing on international collaboration in terms of paper publication, funding bid and research exchange. Invited by an international publisher, Dr Yan Sun is working along with a few collaborators in Europe to write a book about luxury brand.
Teaching and supervision
- International Luxury Marketing;
- Managing Luxury Experience;
- Research Methods
Supported by industrial contacts including luxury sectors, Dr Yan Sun has successfully introduced business engagement to module delivery on campus.
- PhD Supervision;
- PG Supervision
I focus on the following core global challenges in my research:
Area 1 – Ageing Society
- Aging has become a burning issue for both developed and developing countries for decades. Following my latest publication (successful combined ageing groups and technology innovation) with a 3* journal in 2021, I will continue investigating the senior generation in emerging markets, e.g., the adoption of smart technology and life quality of ‘silver’ consumers on the Chinese mainland.
Area 2 – Digitalisation
- Digitalisation continues to change our daily lives. The smart technology and social media usage not only influence the younger generation but also impact the daily lives of senior consumers. Particularly in developing countries and emerging markets, rapid development of technology brings both benefits and challenges to individuals within different cultural contexts, e.g., gamified money and live streaming in China.
Area 3 – Sustainable Consumption
- Sustainable Consumption has been gaining more and more attention globally over the past decade. In line with PG modules I lead, potential research topics which I intend to pursue are: the younger generation’s perception of luxury / luxury consumption; sustainable luxury in new markets (Asia-Pacific); green tourism and social media influence in Asia-Pacific region.
I have published with ABS 3*, 2* and 1* journals. Currently I am focusing on international collaboration in terms of paper publication, funding bid and research exchange. Invited by an international publisher, I am working along with a few collaborators in Europe to write a book about luxury brand.
Sun Y, Wang R, Cattaneo E, Mlodkowska B, 'What influences the purchase intentions of sustainable luxury among millennials in the UK?'
Strategic Change 31 (3) (2022) pp.323-336
ISSN: 1086-1718 eISSN: 1099-1697Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Cao D, Sun Y, Goh E, Wang R, Kuiavska K, 'Adoption of Smart Voice Assistants Technology among Airbnb Guests: A Revised Self-Efficacy-Based Value Adoption Model'
International Journal of Hospitality Management 101 (2022)
ISSN: 0278-4319 eISSN: 1873-4693Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Sun Y, Wang R, Cao D, Lee R, 'Who are social media influencers for luxury fashion consumption of the Chinese Gen Z? Categorisation and empirical examination'
Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management 26 (4) (2021) pp.603-621
ISSN: 1361-2026 eISSN: 1758-7433Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Donna W, Hongfei L, Yue Meng-L, Yan S, Yun Z, 'Gamified Money: Exploring the Effectiveness of Gamification in Mobile Payment Adoption among the Silver Generation in China'
Information Technology & People 35 (1) (2021) pp.281-315
ISSN: 0959-3845 eISSN: 1758-5813Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Sun Y, Davidson I, 'Online Fraud Occurrence in Retailing Banking Sectors: A Study of Individual Customers in the UK and China'
Information Management and Computer Security 23 (1) (2015) pp.3-19
ISSN: 0968-5227 eISSN: 1758-5805Published here
Sun Y, Ifeanyi O, 'A Qualitative Study of E-Business Adoption in The Real Estate Sector in China'
Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce 2014 (2) (2014) pp.64-69
ISSN: 1204-5357Published here
Sanghyuk L, Yan S, He W, 'Analysis on Overlapped and Non-overlapped Data'
Procedia Computer Science 17 (2013) pp.595-602
ISSN: ISSN: 1877-0509Abstract Published here
Sun Y, Zhu HX, 'The Double-Winning Game between Chinese Government and Their Telecommunication Enterprises under Information Dissymmetry'
Journal of Northwest University = 西北大学学报 [Xi bei da xue xue bao] (2003)
ISSN: 1000-2731Published here
Memberships of professional bodies
- Member of Academy of Marketing;
- Member of British Academy of Management;
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy
- Academy of Marketing Conference;
- British Academy of Management Conference
In discussion with industrial contacts, further update will follow.