Our plenary speaker is the distinguished scholar, editor and writer Professor Adam Piette of Sheffield University, and our featured creative practitioner is the acclaimed Glaswegian poet Peter Manson. We have also assembled a series of panellists including eminent and emerging scholars.
- Professor Adam Piette, Literature, University of Sheffield
Breton & Soupault’s Les Champs Magnétiques and the First World War
- Professor David Cottington, Art History, Kingston University
The avant-garde's alternative professionalism
- Professor Martin Iddon, Music, University of Leeds
Outsourcing Progress: on conceptual music
- Dr Julia Jordan, Literature, University College London
Accidental Narratives: Remaking the 60s Avant-Garde
- Dr Sam Ladkin, Literature, University of Sheffield
Avant-gardes against value
- Dr Nikolaj Lübecker, Film, St. John’s College, University of Oxford
Into the Dead End: Korine’s Trash Humpers (2009)
- Dr Claire Warden, Drama, University of Lincol
Can the avant-garde be performed?
- Professor Alex Goody
- Professor Nathalie Aubert
- Professor Paul Whitty
Poetry reading by Peter Manson, followed by a wine reception.