4.1.1 Type A changes must have the consent of the relevant Programme Lead or Subject Coordinator and be approved by the Faculty Head of Quality Assurance & Validations or Associate Dean Student Experience (ADSE).
Type A changes include:
- Changes to the following sections of the approved module descriptor:
- Section 1: Management details (except level and credit of the module, and details of which programme/s the module is compulsory for)
- Section 2: Module aims
- Section 3: Changes to module learning outcomes which do not affect programme learning outcomes
- Section 4: Outline syllabus
- Section 5: Overview of the teaching, learning and assessment strategy
- Section 6: Learning hours
- Section 7: Summative assessment tasks, provided that the assessment format remains within the same assessment component category in the SRS
- Section 8: Opportunities for formative assessment & feedback
- Section 9: Alternative assessment – this section is not published in the SRS, but any updates on appropriate alternative assessments should be discussed with the Senior Lecturer Educational Development in OCAED and/or Tamsin Kershaw-Murphy (Deputy Director of ASA – Student Services)
- Changes to the list of level 4, 5 and 6 optional modules available to a programme;
- Making an existing module available to another existing programme as an optional module;
- Removing an optional module from a programme;
- Changes to the prior qualifications required for admission to a programme (please note that changes to specific ‘A’ level grades/tariff points are not subject to this process).
Regarding sections 5 and 8 of the module descriptor – Module Leaders should, as appropriate, discuss any enhancements to TLA strategies with their PLSEs, DMeLDs, and/or OCEAD link developer.
Regarding Section 10 of the module descriptor - This does not have to be updated regularly as reading lists are made available via Talis Aspire; however, these module bibliographies must be kept current, and any updates should be negotiated with the appropriate Academic Liaison Librarian to ensure additional resources are made available to students.
Where they consider that a requested update constitutes a Type B change, the Faculty Quality Team will refer it back to the Module Leader, who should follow the appropriate approval process as set out in 4.2 below.