How do I change my Joint Honours award to Major/Minor?

  • Please note that Joint Honours students will only need to submit a request a change to Major/Minor when compiling your Stage II programme of study.

    • You can make the change at any point during Stage II of your programme of study. To do this, go to 'My Record & Results' in your Student Information and click on the 'Change balance of subjects' link located below the details of your current subject(s).
    • Select your Major/Minor subjects and click on the 'OK' button. Student Information will then check whether your programme of study meets the requirements of your new balance of subjects and will generate a revised summary and set of errors/warnings if applicable.
    • If you haven't increased the number of error messages, then you will be able to select 'Save Programme' at the bottom of your 'My Record & Results' page. If your error messages have increased, then you will not be able to save the change until you have made appropriate changes to your programme of study.
    • For details on the requirements of a Major/Minor award, please see the UMP Regulations and meet with your Student Support Co-ordinator.