How do I request an academic reference?

Your Academic Adviser can provide you with a reference to support job or further study applications – please make sure you know who you can approach for an academic reference, and ensure they have the information they need about you in order to be able to write a meaningful reference in line with University guidance on preparing references for students. It is also courteous to ask their permission before you give their name as a referee, and to let them know when a reference request is likely to be sent to them