Towards a shared mental model of the endurance training process
Professor Steve Seiler is a internationally renowned American sport scientist who is based in Norway.
Professor Steve Seiler is a internationally renowned American sport scientist who is based in Norway. Professor Seiler has published extensively, including widely cited papers on the topic of polarization in endurance training. Professor Seiler's work gave rise to the concept of 80-20 training where 80% of an elite athlete's training time is spent performing low intensity training with the remaining 20% of training time strategically distributed between the moderate and high intensity zones. This talk will build upon his 2019 talk at Oxford Brookes (https://brookes.cloud.panopto.eu/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=d62fe522-0cd4-4cb3-b79a-aced0113b52b) and discuss recent advances in the understanding of endurance training optimization.
The talk is free and open to all members of the public. The session will also be simultaneously streamed on the internet and available after the event, but only attendees will be able to ask questions.
For further information about Professor Seiler's work, please visit his YouTube channel:
No booking is necessary but we ask that prospective attendees help our planning by completing the short form below.