|12:30 - 13:00||Registration|
|13:00 - 13:45||Networking lunch|
|13:45 - 14:15||Introduction to the day and setting the context:|
|14:15 - 15:15||The Spinout Journey from a Gender Perspective: A panel discussion with:
|15:15 - 16:15||Women backing Women: Insights from Women Investors. A panel discussion with:
|16:15 - 16:35||Tea break|
|16:35 - 17:30||What Can We Do to Enable More Women in STEM in Spinout Leadership? In conversation with:|
|17:30 - 18:30||Drinks and Networking|
Women, STEM and Investment: Closing the Gender Gap
We would like to invite you to our event, "Women, STEM and Investment: Closing the Gender Gap", on Monday, 5th June 2023, from 13:00 to 18:30, at the Sir Kenneth Wheare Hall.
As part of the Women Backing Women campaign this event brings together female STEM researchers and female founders of STEM based spinouts with female Business Angels. STEM based spinouts play a key role in the UK innovation ecosystem, yet only 15% of these companies have at least a female founder. Our research highlighted that a major challenge for female founders is securing investment to develop and grow their businesses. The Women Angel Insights Report shows that female business angel investors are more likely to invest in female founded companies. However, female angel investors represent only 14% of their investment community.
About the event
This event will offer an opportunity for female researchers, founders and investors to join forces to increase women’s representation in the innovation ecosystem by providing a forum for:
- High level debate
- Sharing experiences and expertise
- Fostering dialogue to develop solutions
- Female researchers and founders Poster Showcase (please see registration form)
Who should attend?
- Female researchers in STEM at different stages of their careers, including early career researchers and PhD students, interested in spinouts and start-ups
- Female investors and women interested in becoming Business Angel Investors, especially from the STEM community
- Technology Transfer Officers and other professionals that support spinouts and start-up development
- Other stakeholders and anyone interested in the topic