1. To pursue and support research of the highest quality that is, or has the potential to become, recognised as internationally excellent or world-leading.
2. To promote and support collaborations and partnerships across the institution and with external partners locally, nationally and globally.
- We recognise that our staff are central to our success and we will continue to introduce and invest in programmes to support colleagues at all stages of their career
- We will continue to invest in research infrastructure and support colleagues in funding applications
- We recognise that research students are vital to our research ambitions and will invest in the delivery of high-quality doctoral training programmes
- We recognise that many of the world’s challenges and priorities will require us to respond more effectively through multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary initiatives
- We will continue to support and develop our successful University Research Centres
- We will pursue opportunities for research and knowledge exchange with industrial, commercial, public sector partnerships
3. To enhance the impact of our research in its broadest terms, and widen dissemination of our research for the benefit of our communities, whether local, regional, national or global, including our staff and students.
- We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive research environment which also enhances the student experience.
- We will focus our research to help improve the lives of people both worldwide and within our local community
- We will engage with our communities on the outputs and impacts of our research