Oxford Brookes Business School graduates have a reputation for being extremely employable. Our courses focus on employability skills and experiences, giving you the best chance to secure positions in national and international organisations.
- Our courses prioritise work-based skills. The theoretical and practical approach to teaching helps you develop the transferable skills that employers look for, such as self-management, communication, and problem solving.
- We organise guest speakers and company visits that allow you to learn from industry experts and gain an insight into organisations such as BMW, IBM Global Business Solutions, and PriceWaterhouseCoopers.
- Our dedicated Careers Centre supports you by providing coaching sessions, assisting with developing your CV and improving your presentation skills.
- A key feature of the majority of our Postgraduate Marketing and Events Management, Business Management and Hospitality and Tourism courses, is the opportunity to spend a year in industry through our work placement scheme. A year in industry is optional, though strongly encouraged, and takes place in the second year of a two-year course.
- The placement should be of a suitable level of responsibility to add value to a degree
- The placement must be full time (a minimum of 37.5 hours per week) and must be for a minimum of 48 weeks.
- The salary must be commensurate with the placement role and not less than the minimum wage for the country in which the placement is taking place.
- You must get your placement approved by contacting the Work and Voluntary Experience Services (WAVES) team at email@example.com before you accept an offer. This guarantees it will count towards your programme of study and ensures you are assigned a placement tutor.
- For more information about work placements please contact the Work and Voluntary Experience Services (WAVES) team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01865 48 5950
- A year's worth of paid, full-time work experience in a graduate level job before you have graduated. This is a great addition to your CV and helps you to stand out from the crowd when you look for a graduate job.
- A possible graduate job offer with your work placement employer (International students must obtain employer visa sponsorship) – many of our students do each year.
- An opportunity to enhance your analytical and communication skills, which all employers seek.
- Valuable experience within an industry or job role that supports your future career choice and in an area that interests you.
- A chance to develop your confidence by working within a competitive and fast paced environment.
- Above all, placements will enhance your skills and therefore increase your chances of getting an appropriate graduate role in your chosen career.
During the first year of your degree you will receive support with your search for a work placement role and develop techniques and skills useful at interviews and assessment centres. Additional support is also available from a dedicated placements team who are located within the Business School. During your work placement year you will receive regular support from the Business School with your own Placement Tutor. For further placement details, contact email@example.com