We have been advised by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) that the Start-Up Visa route will be closed for applications on 13th April 2023.
After which there will be an adapted version of the Innovator Visa route released at some point, however at the moment we do not have details. Keep checking back for further updates. We will refresh this page when we have more information.
If you already hold a Start Up Visa - you can continue as normal until it expires.
If you already hold an Innovator Visa - you can continue as normal until it expires.
Enterprise Support work with the international alumni of Oxford Brookes University who are up to and including four years from graduation, to endorse them under the Home Office Start-Up and Innovator post-study work visa categories.
We also work alongside the International Student Team (ISAT) to support international graduates from the university who hold a Graduate Visa and wish to then register and start a business or become self-employed.
Either of these two visas can allow you to extend your stay in the UK and / or to set up and grow a business or become self employed after your studies.
PLEASE NOTE: Enterprise Support will only endorse graduates seeking to apply for the NEW Innovator Visa who are graduates from Oxford Brookes University, who are within four years of completing their studies.
Start Up Visa - NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW APPLICATIONS FOR ENDORSEMENT
As of APRIL 13th 2023 this route for a visa will be closed.
In the light of this impending changes by UKVI, Oxford Brookes Enterprise Support are no longer accepting applications for endorsement of Start Up Visas.
If you already hold a Start Up Visa - this will continue as normal until it expires.
Enterprise Support offers a portfolio of FREE training and events which can help you to develop your business idea as well as provide practical guidance on how to register, start and grow a business or become self-employed whilst based in the UK. This includes the Start-Up Visa.
The Start-Up Visa replaced the Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) route (closed on the 5th July 2019).
- is for those who are seeking to start their business in the UK for the first time
- is for early-stage, high-potential entrepreneurs who have an innovative, scalable and competitive business idea
- Provides a TWO YEAR visa, during which applicants spend the majority of their time developing the business.
- You don't need to have secured any investment funds in your business and you can apply from outside the UK.
- If successful, applicants can bring their family members (spouses/partners and children under 18) to the UK.
- To gain endorsement from us, isn't automatic, and you will need to engage in a selective process.
- You will need to be ready to register and launch your business as soon as your Start-Up Visa is approved.
We currently only work with applications from:
- Global alumni of Oxford Brookes University who are up-to and including four years of being awarded a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or PhD from Oxford Brookes University
Enterprise Support offers a portfolio of FREE training and events which can help you to develop your business idea as well as provide practical guidance on how to register, start and grow a business or become self-employed whilst based in the UK. This includes the Innovator Visa.
Please note that we currently only accept endorsement applications from:
- Current or previous Start-Up Visa holders that were endorsed by Oxford Brookes University and are up-to FOUR years from graduation.
Enterprise Support offers a portfolio of FREE training and events which can help you to develop your business idea as well as provide practical guidance on how to register, start and grow a business or become self-employed whilst based in the UK.
For support in gaining a Graduate Visa, please contact the International Student Advice Team webpages for guidance on the eligibility requirements, the application process and conditions.
If you have been granted a Graduate Visa then, we are able to:
- provide guidance on how to register and start a business,
- become self-employed or go freelance in the UK.
With a Graduate Visa:
- You don’t need to gain an endorsement letter from Oxford Brookes University to apply for it.
- You have the opportunity to stay in the UK for TWO years after after you complete your degree (3 years if you have a doctoral qualification).
- You may start a business or become self-employed.
- You must be in the UK when you apply.
- Your family can apply to stay too, but only if they were ‘dependents’ on your current Student Visa or Tier 4 (General) Student Visa.