The ECSM Service Desk is single point, one stop centralised service of contact for all Estates & Campus Services related requests. Last year the help desk handled the completion of in excess of 41,500 jobs across all Campuses and Halls of Residence. A key part of every ECSM role is to deliver excellent service to every customer at all times.
We will be introducing a new ECSM Service Desk using a new IT platform called ‘ServiceNow’ in the coming months. This will allow better reporting, real time information and a more flexible approach for the customer. We will provide regular updates on this page.
The Campus Services Support Assistants provide front-line support services for Faculties & Directorates throughout the University.
The CSSA's have responsibility for the following:
- Clearing rubbish from the campus to suitable waste containers
- Ensuring the campus is free from litter
- Collection & delivery of internal and external post
- Setting teaching rooms & undertaking specific room set up requests
- Locking and unlocking campus buildings and areas
- Ensuring adequte supplies of toiletries are maintained at all times
- Immediate response to any alarm
If you have any Caretaking requests or comments, please contact the Service Desk.
Campus Services provide a cleaning service across all University sites. The service is provided by a small in house team based at Gipsy Lane and the contractor KGB.
Additional cleaning (e.g. special events or conferencing) is available and can be booked via the Service Desk. Requests require at least five working days notice and this service may incur an additional charge.
If you have any Cleaning requests or comments, please contact the Service Desk.
Campus Services will, in the event of an emergency situation, provide the help and support by doing the following:
- Immediate response to the incident
- Assist in evacuation of buildings
- Cordon off the scene if necessary
- Protect the scene as appropriate
- Liaise with the escort the emergency services as required.
A premises licence will be required for the University to carry out any of the following activities:
Sale of alcohol by retail
- Supply of alcohol on club premises
- Provision of regulated entertainment
- Late night refreshment
- Playing live or recorded music
- Showing films
We are under legal obligation to keep records of all licensing activity conducted on our premises.
Campus Services provide an ongoing programme, with all Site buildings and areas being monitored and suitable preventative measures taken.
If you have any pest problems please contact the Service Desk.
Security is an important aspect of University life; responsibility for security and personal safety rest with all who study, work or visit the University and staff and students should work collaboratively to create and maintain a safe and secure learning environment.
Our contact details:
For non urgent incidents and general security enquiries:
01865 483060 or firstname.lastname@example.org (24/7)
In an emergency:
Dial 999 then contact security on 01865 483060 (24/7)
Our services include:
- Internal and external high profile public safety and crime prevention patrols on campus
- Crime prevention and personal security advice for students, staff and visitors
- Alarm monitoring and emergency response
- Car park monitoring
- CCTV monitoring to ensure site security and the safety of staff, students and visitors (in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and to the Commissioner's Code of Practice).
- See our Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and Body Worn Video (BWV) Policy
- Contact details of the responsible System Managers:
The Estates and Campus Services Reception Team act as the first point of contact and provide a welcoming and professional front-of-house experience for our students, staff and visitors upon arrival to Oxford Brookes University Campuses.
Contact details and opening hours:
John Henry Brookes Building, Gipsy Lane Campus
Monday - Sunday, 0800-1900
01865 488888 (option 2) email@example.com
Monday - Friday, 0800-1800
01865 488888 (option 1)
Monday - Friday, 0800 - 1800
We offer a friendly, helpful and professional service and can help with a wide range of matters, including;
- Welcoming visitors and informing you of their arrival (see no.1 below)
- Liaising with University Faculties and Directorates to maintain an accurate and effective reception and information service (see no.2 below)
- Assisting with the co-ordination and support of University events e.g. Open Days, Graduations, Visit Days, Professional Lectures (Headington)
- Operating an effective and secure lost property service
- Issuing new and replacement out-of-hours access cards (Headington & Wheatley)
- Booking out directional sign displays (Headington only, see no.3 below)
(1) We would encourage all staff expecting visitors, including those parking at Gipsy Lane, to direct them to the campus Main Reception in the John Henry Brookes Building upon arrival. We would also ask staff to inform the reception team in advance so that we know where to send your guests. Alternatively, staff could make arrangements to greet their visitors separately. These routes will help ensure a welcoming sense of arrival for visitors to Oxford Brookes.
(2) To help us provide a professional and welcoming service to your visitors please ensure that you notify out Reception Teams of your event details, including; name of the event, start and finish times, locations, how many attendees are expected and a breif description of the event.
(3) We currently have 10 x A2 poster stands available to book to facilitate additional signage for events. To check availability and book the stands, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the above duties, the Campus Services Reception Teams at Harcourt Hill and Wheatley Campuses provide the following service;
- Processing the maintenance and Facilities Service Desk requests for Harcourt Hill & Wheatley.
- Processing post and courier deliveries