Long standing initiatives that we remain proud of include:
- Our statistics are compelling for the faculty’s gender balance and the number of women employed in senior posts.
- Evidence of long term commitment. There have been induction and training programmes for research students since 1998.
- Inductions and Personal Development Reviews have been standard for many years for both our professional services and academics.
- Our career pathways and development support for research active academics:
- This begins with our First Three Years Scheme for Training and Development. There is also a pathway for early career researchers to apply for a fellowship, with the aim of equipping them to go on to securing a lectureship.
- Academics have 5 defined pathways for academic promotion, to recognise skill sets beyond the traditional pathway for research active staff.
- Our commitment to Promotions Roadshows, which has led to an increase in understanding of criteria and mentoring support.
- Investment in outreach activities and real, practical support to take part.
- Our emphasis on marketing opportunities for men in roles that are usually dominated by women. An example is targeted marketing to encourage male applicants into nursing degrees.