Let’s Read Japanese is a series of 6 graded levels which allows students to both practice the language at different levels, and also learn about Japanese history and society.
- Vocabulary and grammar are controlled according to international standards, so that students of Japanese can enjoy reading them from an early stage of their learning.
- Includes research-backed and ‘real-world’ content designed to appeal to readers.
- Books use kanji, hiragana and katakana in an authentic way.
- All kanji are annotated with furigana to provide a useful reading aid.
- Written using Japanese vertical writing, with columns going from top to bottom and ordered from right to left.
- Goes beyond standard depictions and media representations to raise awareness of less well-known aspects of Japanese culture.