It is the aim of the nursery to provide a friendly and respectful environment for all children, staff and families. The nursery staff have a duty to respect the staff code of conduct and in turn we would like parents to take note of their responsibilities as a parent to ensure our ethos is continued. We are committed to ensuring that all children are safeguarded whilst in our care, and so with this all in mind, you can help us to maintain our responsibilities in the following ways:
- Share information with staff on your child’s development, health and well-being.
- Let us know if someone else is collecting your child and give them a password.
- Collect your child on time – if you are going to be unavoidably late then please contact the nursery to let them know.
- Ensure you can safely transport your child to and from the nursery using age-appropriate car seat restraints.
- Discuss any worries, concerns or complaints with your child’s Key Person or the Nursery Manager, as appropriate.
- Respect decisions regarding exclusion of children due to illness.
- Adhere to arrival times, i.e. before 11.00am in the Discoverers’ Room and 11:30am in the Explorers’ Room.
Please refrain from:
- Shouting at, smacking or physically punishing your child(ren) or any other children whilst in the nursery.
- Using inappropriate language or displaying aggressive or intimidating behaviour towards the staff, children or other parents/carers either in person, on the phone or in writing.
- Collecting your child(ren) from nursery if you have consumed alcohol, medication or other substances that have affected your judgement or responses.
- Discussing sensitive issues within earshot of your child or other children or adults.
- Taking photos or videos of children other than your own, unless agreed by a member of the Senior team.
- Using your mobile phone whilst in the children’s rooms and gardens.
Failure to adhere to any of the above may place your child’s place at the nursery in jeopardy although this action will only be taken if all other avenues have been explored and the management feel it is the only possible course of action left open to them.
The nursery believes that if the above points are adhered to a safe, friendly and respectful environment will be created.
This policy was reviewed in November 2021.