I am the Subject Coordinator for the MA in Coaching and Mentoring Practice
Teaching and supervision
- Coaching and Mentoring Practice (MA, PGDip, PGCert)
- Business and Finance (BSc (Hons))
- Doctor of Coaching and Mentoring (DCM)
- International Business Management (BA (Hons))
- Psychotherapeutic Dimensions of Coaching & Mentoring
- Advanced Practice
- Psychology of Coaching and Mentoring
- Leading and Managing Change
Coaching and Mentoring, and Change Management.
Supervision of PhD students and Candidates completing the Doctorate in Coaching and Mentoring.
|Mike Livingstone||How meaningful and useful is the concept of the Life Space in Executive Coaching||Active|
|Karine Mangion||How is coaching perceived by leaders engaged in global talent management and leadership development programme?||Active|
I am interested in the psychology of coaching and in particular the relevance of psychotherapy and counselling in coaching. I am interested in mental health. I have a particular interest in Q methodology and in the interactive process between coach and client. I am interested in discursive, social constructionist and critical perspectives in coaching.
My research contributes to the professional practice of coaching and mentoring in a wide range of contexts.
Centres and institutes
Myers A, Bachkirova T, 'The Rashomon effect in the perception of coaching sessions and what this means for the evaluation of the quality: A grounded theory study'
Coaching: An International Journal of Theory, Research and Practice 13 (1) (2019) pp.92-105
ISSN: 1752-1882 eISSN: 1752-1890Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Myers A, Bachkirova T, 'Towards a process-based typology of workplace coaching: An empirical investigation'
Consulting Psychology Journal 70 (4) (2018) pp.297-317
ISSN: 1065-9293 eISSN: 1939-0149Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Bachkirova T, Jackson P, Gannon J, Iordanou I, Myers A, 'Re-conceptualising coach education from the perspectives of pragmatism and constructivism'
Philosophy of Coaching: An International Journal 2 (2) (2017) pp.29-50
ISSN: 2371-5251Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Bachkirova T, Sibley J, Myers A, 'Developing and applying a new instrument for microanalysis of the coaching process: the coaching process Q-set'
Human Resource Development Quarterly 26 (4) (2015) pp.431-462
ISSN: 1044-8004 eISSN: 1532-1096Abstract Published here
Memberships of professional bodies
- Practitioner Psychologist (Health and Care Professions Council)
- Occupational Psychologist (British Psychological Society)
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society
- Coaching and Mentoring International Research Conference
- International Conference on Coaching Supervision
I am Programme Lead for the Level 7 Postgraduate Certificate for Senior Coaches and Mentors (ILM) on behalf of Commercial Services