- Shelter, Housing and Home in Crises
- Conflict, humanitarian action and peacebuilding
- Building Sumud
- Observatory of Symbolic Violence
- Upskilling for future generations (GEN-UP)
Projects as Principal Investigator, or Lead Academic if project is led by another Institution
- Upskilling for future generations (GEN-UP): How can a gender and generational approach re-conceptualise technical vocational and educational training (TVET) as a vehicle for social transformation for slum-dwelling young women in Sierra Leone and Cameroon? (led by HSS) (20/03/2020 - 31/07/2023), funded by: British Academy, funding amount received by Brookes: £57,083
slide 1 of 6
Wignall R, Piquard B, Joel E, 'Up-skilling Women or De-skilling Patriarchy?: How TVET can drive wider gender transformation and the Decent Work agenda in Sub-Saharan Africa.'
International Journal of Educational Development 102 (2023)
ISSN: 0738-0593Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Parrack C, Piquard B, Brun C, 'Shelter in Flux'
Forced Migration Review 55 (June 2017) (2017) pp.7-9
ISSN: 1460-9819Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Piquard B, 'From Symbolic Violence to Symbolic Reparation Strengthening Resilience and Reparation in Conflict-Affected Areas through Place-(re)making. Examples of the West Bank and Colombia'
Dearq 18 (2016) pp.68-79
ISSN: 2011-3188 eISSN: 2215-969Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Piquard B, Swenarton M, 'Learning from architecture and conflict'
The Journal of Architecture 16 (1) (2011) pp.1-13
ISSN: 1360-2365Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR