Having been the Programme Lead for MSc Finance and MSc Accounting & Finance for 7 years, I am stepping down to Senior Lecturer from February 2022.
Teaching and supervision
- Finance and Accounting for Business
- Business Aspects of Management Accounting
- Accounting Synoptic
- Managerial Accounting
- Performance Management
- Finance and Accounting Research Project
I have been a Programme Lead so I have been responsible for programme design, curriculum development, managing a teaching team, through to ensuring high academic standards in assessment, feed back and managing Exam Boards .
I am happy to supervise dissertations on Management Accounting topics. I currently module lead our Research Project for PG students
My research interest is Management Accounting within non-profit organisations. My PhD was entitled Managing the unmeasurable – performance management in UK hospices. It considers how charities can best manage their performance where performance measures may be limited. It creates a new performance management framework, informed by Simons'' Levers of Control.
Effective performance management of voluntary organisations
Memberships of professional bodies
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- January 2016: Public Services and Charities: Accounting, Accountability and Governance at a Time Change’ Conference, entitled: Strategic Alignment: Performance measurement in English and Welsh Independent Hospices.’
- June 2016 : International Society for Third Sector Research entitled: Efficiency and effectiveness: Performance measurement in English and Welsh Independent Hospices.
- July 2018: International Society for Third Sector Research (ISTR) entitled: Belief and Boundary controls in the third sector: relational controls within voluntary organisations
- November 2019 Management Accounting Research Group The complementarity of informal and formal controls within the voluntary sector: the enhancement of Simons' Levers of Control
- June 2021 : International Society for Third Sector Research entitled: Managing the unmeasurable – developing a new performance management framework
- November 2021 Management Accounting Research Group Voluntary Sector Performance Management: adapting the Ferreira and Otley Performance Management and Control system