As MSc Programme Lead I am responsible for the academic health of all Business and Management MSc programmes. This involves continuous programme development, acting on feedback from students and employers, liaising with our stakeholders (student, employers, professional and accrediting bodies, etc.) and developing our graduates' employability potential. I lead several modules in the Business School, among others Strategic Management and International Study Trips. I chair Programme Development, Periodic Review and Validation Teams and lead on accreditation projects (AMBA, CMI).
Teaching and supervision
My major research interests are:
- Innovative assessment methods - Assessment standards – the oral viva
- Globalisation, FDI, the nature of the transnational corporation
- Strategic management, strategy development, operations management
- Knowledge management, the learning organisation
Memberships of professional bodies
- Chartered Manager (Chartered Management Institute - CMI)
- Fellow of AdvanceHE (the Higher Education Academy)
- Association of MBAs
- Lukacs, G. (2013) ‘Knowledge Management in Practice - adaptation of theory within corporate limits’ Paper presented at the Joint Brookes-Burgundy Conference, Dijon, June.
- Lukacs, G. (2012) ‘Innovation in challenging times’ Paper presented at the ABS / HEA L&T conference, Manchester, April.
- Lukacs, G. (2010) 'An investigation of oral vivas as a form of assessment' Paper presented at the Brookes Learning and Teaching Conference: Building networks partnerships and communities, Oxford, June.
- Lukacs, G. (2010) 'Investigating oral vivas as a form of assessment in business and management education' Paper presented at the BMAF, Newcastle, April.
I have worked on corporate training projects organised by Commercial Services – developing and delivering offers/activities for corporate clients, delivering seminars (e.g. Executive Trainers in Nigeria, Elsevier, Brita)
Gabor graduated from the State University of New York with and MSc in Management Sciences in 1995. He then proceeded with his PhD studies in International Business Relations and earned his degree at the Corvinus University of Budapest in 2004. Between 1997 – 2004 Gabor worked as a lecturer at the Corvinus University of Budapest, Department of Comparative Economics and 2004-2008 at the International Business School (Budapest), where he was the module leader of International Business Policy and Strategy. Parallel to this, Gabor worked full time as the internal consultant to the vice president at Hungarian Telekom (T-Mobile International).
Gabor joined Oxford Brookes University in 2008 and currently is the Postgraduate Programme Lead for the business and management MSc programmes, works as liaison manager with some of our esteemed international partners and professional and accrediting bodies, and teaches on several business and management modules.