MSc Nurse Education, PCTHE , Registered Nurse, Midwife, Advanced Nurse Practitoner
Oxford School of Nursing and Midwifery
Joanna Kennedy is a Senior Lecturer for the Adult Nursing Programme at Oxford Brookes University.
Joanna joined Brookes in 2015 following an extensive clinical career within the NHS as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Emergency Nurse Practitioner and as a Midwife. She leads the second year module Assessing and Planning Adult Nursing Care and is the skills lead for the Swindon campus.
Joanna has a keen interest in the benefits of whole food plant-based nutrition in preventing and treating chronic disease.
Areas of expertise
I have extensive clinical experience from working mainly with in primary care as an advanced nurse practitioner. This has included urgent care, out of hours service, minor injuires and practice nursing.
I have 5 years clinical experience as a Midwife at the John Radcliffe Women's Centre Oxford.
Teaching and supervision
- Experiences of Health and Illness, adult nursing practice 2
- Experiences of Health and Illness, adult nursing practice 1
- Research Methods and Analysis
- Partnerships 1: Using Evidence in Professional Practice.
- Integrated Professional Practice
Research group membership
- Royal College of Nursing
- Plant Based Health Professionals UK
- Clincal lead : Abingdon Minor Injury Unit and Urgent Care Centre.
- Practice Nurse : Woodlands Surgery, Didcot, Oxfordshire
- Midwife : John Radcliffe Women's Centre Oxford
- Midwifery training : High Wycombe school of Nursing and Midwifery
- Theatre and Recovery Nurse : The Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Winchester.
- Registered General Nurse training: The Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, St Thomas' Hospital , London.