Dr Kathy Mumby-Croft
RGN, RSCN, BA, MA, PhD, PGcertHE
Lecturer in Adult Nursing
Oxford School of Nursing and Midwifery
I am involved in teaching, developing and integrating relevant research and evidence into several undergraduate/postgraduate modules across all three years. I support pre-registration students in placement as a link lecturer and locality link lecturer. I am a member of the children and families research group. I bring to the role my extensive clinical knowledge and experience of clinical practice. My areas of interest are the welfare and well-being of children aged 0-5, therapeutic relationships and working with families who are 'hard to reach'.
Areas of expertise
- Health visiting -community/public health.
- Safeguarding, Breastfeeding, Partnership work with clients and partner agencies, Developmental Assessments
- Education - Widening participation member of the BAME network
Teaching and supervision
- Enhancing Therapeutic relationships
- Education in Nursing Practice 2
- Education in Nursing Practice 5
- Promoting Health in adult Nursing practice
- Clinical Practice Experience-Adult
PhD Defining 'hard to reach' the work of Health Visitors with Vulnerable Families'
- A synthesis of the evidence for effective parenting support
Memberships of professional bodies
CPHVA, Fellow of Institute of HV