Leander Reeves started her publishing career with a BA Hons in Publishing and Visual Studies at Oxford Brookes University. Her first teaching appointment at Brookes began during her Masters in Electronic Media, where she taught on the undergraduate degree module, Electronic Publishing Processes. Her main area of interest and teaching is Magazine Publishing.
Teaching and supervision
- U65004 Introduction to Magazine Publishing
- U65002 Creating and Editing Text for Publication
- U65001 Publishing Today: Principles & Practice 2
- U65089 Independent Study: Publishing Workplace (Honours Component)
- U65072 Magazine Publishing (double, Honours)
- P65056 Magazine Publishing
Leander has a broad range of Book and Magazine publishing experience, with many years spent as a print and interactive designer in London and New York. Her research interests include: hyperreality, science fiction, gender portrayal, and sexual behaviour in magazines.
"The Philosopher, the Magazines, the Glamour Model and her Avatar": Women in Magazines Conference, Kingston University, June 2012