Louisa is Subject Coordinator for the Business and Management single honours programme and teaches on a range of modules from first to final year, as well as postgraduate dissertation supervision.
Teaching and supervision
- Business and Management (BA (Hons))
- Business Management (Final Year Entry) (BA (Hons))
- Business, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship (BA (Hons))
- International Business Management (BA (Hons))
- International Business (Final Year Entry) (BA (Hons))
- Managing Careers
- Ethics in Business
Louisa leads Managing Careers (a compulsory final year module across 5 programmes). Other current teaching includes Ethics in Business. She has previously taught on modules including Environmentally Sustainable Business, Managing Nonprofit Organisations, Alternative Perspectives on Management, Organisational Behaviour, and Global Business Communications.
Louisa supervises a range of postgraduate dissertations mainly focused on management within the nonprofit sector or HR within business.
Louisa's research interests focus on the motivation of employees in the nonprofit sector, in particular the concept of a Voluntary Sector Ethos and what this means for management within the sector.
Memberships of professional bodies
- Chartered member of the CIPD
- Fellow of the HEA
- Lapworth, L. and Ehrlich, C. 'The Motivation of Voluntary Sector Employees: development and testing of the Voluntary Sector Ethos questionnaire'. Paper presented at the 13th International Conference of the International Society for Third Sector Research. Amsterdam, 10-13 July, 2018.
- Lapworth, L., Wylie, N. and James, P. 'Managing in Third Sector Organisations: Institutions, Transformational Experiences and a Voluntary Sector Ethos'. Paper presented at the 12th International Society for Third Sector Research Conference. Stockholm, 28 June - 1 July 2016.
- Lapworth, L., Wylie, N. and James, P. 'Examining the Voluntary Sector Ethos: Tensions, conflicts and caricatures'. Paper presented at the 33rd International Labour Process Conference. Berlin, April 2016.
- Before joining Brookes, Louisa worked in the nonprofit sector in areas including HR and organisational development.