Mr Max Muncaster
Senior Lecturer in Building Services
School of the Built Environment
Max Muncaster is a Senior Lecturer on the undergraduate programmes for Construction Project Management, Quantity Surveying and Building Surveying - with specific responsibility for teaching building services, facilities management and regulatory compliance.
From 1980 to 2014, he has worked in various roles, including Site Engineer, Site Manager, Building Maintenance Manager, Quantity Surveyor, Design Manager, and Energy Assessor - mostly working for contractors. From 2014 to 2019, he was the Director of his own company providing Design Management service and teaching part-time as an industry practitioner. Since 2019 he has been a full-time teacher.
Teaching and supervision
- Building Surveying (BSc (Hons))
- Construction Project Management (BSc (Hons))
- Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management (BSc (Hons))
Module Leader for:
- Introduction to Construction Practice
- Introduction to Building Services
- Facilities Management
- Project Financial Control
Responsible for significant parts of other modules covering subjects including:
- construction technology
- organisation of residential field trips
Max has a particular research interest in community-lead retrofit projects.
Memberships of professional bodies
- Vice Chair of Oxford Hub of Chartered Institute of Building.
- Member of the Chartered Institute Of Building (MCIOB)
- Affiliate of Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers