I teach on the MSc in Business & Management and the BA in Business & Management
I am currently writing a book on systems theory and HRM
Total Research Interest - 503.7
Citations - 737
Publication recommendations - 3
Reads by RG members - 1,285
Full-text reads - 702
Other reads - 583
Your total Research Interest is higher than 87% of researchers on ResearchGate.
Centres and institutes
Memberships of professional bodies
Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Bassett-Jones, N. (2007) 'The missing link - is it a case of myopia or of looking the other way?'. Paper presented at the Eighth International Conference on HRD Research and Practice across Europe, Oxford Brookes University, June.
- Bassett-Jones, N. (2000) 'Reconciling the diversity creativity paradox: a 21st century challenge'. Paper presented at the HRD Conference on Research and Practice Across Europe, Kingston, Surrey, January.
- Bassett-Jones, N. (1999) 'Breaking out of creativity inertia: why organisations fail to get the most of their people'. Paper presented at the Workshop on Organisational Design, Education Institute of Advanced Management Studies, Brussels, April.
- Bassett-Jones, N. and Lloyd, G. (1998) 'The great escape: breaking out of creativity inertia, the challenge of the twenty-first century'. Paper presented at the Emergent Fields in Management Conference, Leeds, July.
Established my own consultancy business
Undertook a wide range of consultancy activity in the engineering, and manufacturing sectors including a number of collaborative projects. Some examples:
- TNA CovRad, Freudenberg Engineering Brokering Software Decisions, Piper Cross TNA, Mathura Clothing TNA, Sandvic Management Development Programme, Kentel Joinery business turnaround, R. Farmah and Company Ltd Business Development, Kitchen and Bathroom Services Coventry, business turnaround, London Electricity Board use of Open Learning to support distance working for the disabled.
- New Castle College Writing Open Learning Material
- Henley College Writing Open Learning Material
- Evesham College Salvaging an Open learning project that had gone seriously wrong 1990-1993
Various Consultancies for the Manpower Services Commission including:
- Evaluating Open Learning Projects Leicester
- Delivering Total Quality Management through Open Learning Delivery Systems, Coventry
- Achieving Flexibility in Training, Coventry 1990
- ICE Ergonomics, Organisation Development Programme (Winner of a National Training Award based on the training I provided as part of the consultancy 1990-1991
- Conveyers International, Management and Organisation Development Programme 1992-1993
Other consulting activity:
- Lucas Summitoma Electrical Industries, Supervisory Management Development, and quality management training 1995-1996
- DVLA Swansea, Management Development Programmes Swansea City Council, Management Development Programmes 1996-1997
- Morgan Bruce Solicitors, Cardiff, Senior Management and Middle Management Development Programmes 1996-1997
- International Criminal Court at the Hague HR communications consulting and training 2018
I was formerly a Head of Department and now teach one day a week.