Dr Teng Ge
PhD, MSc, BSc, FHEA
Senior Lecturer in Economics
Oxford Brookes Business School
My role involves both teaching and research responsibilities.
Teaching and supervision
- Accounting and Economics (BSc (Hons))
- Economics, Finance and International Business (BSc (Hons))
- Economics, Politics and International Relations (BA (Hons))
- Macroeconomics 2
- Statistics for Economics and Finance
- Contemporary Issues in Economics
- Economic Policy
My teaching areas are Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Labour Economics, and Mathematics for Economics.
I am available to supervise research projects on Macroeconomics, Labour economics, Economic Growth and China related topics.
|Wachuku Johnson||The effect of the corporate governance framework on UK banks||Active|
My research areas are
- Labour Economics,
- Search/Matching Theory,
- Ageing Society
- Income Inequalities.
My research has wide policy implications on the issues of income redistributions and optima pension system design.
slide 1 of 6
Ge T, Wu T, 'Search, Migration, and Social Connections: Solving the Migration Puzzle to Beijing'
China Economic Review 62 (2020)
ISSN: 1043-951XAbstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Wu T, Zhang LG, Ge T, 'Managing financing risk in capacity investment under green supply chain competition'
Technological Forecasting and Social Change 143 (2019) pp.37-44
ISSN: 0040-1625 eISSN: 1873-5509Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Ge T, Wu T, 'Urbanization, inequality and property prices: Equilibrium pricing and transaction in the Chinese housing market'
China Economic Review 45 (2017) pp.310-328
ISSN: 1043-951XAbstract Published here
Ge T, 'Does search boost efficiency?'
Economics Letters 130 (2015) pp.72-74
ISSN: 0165-1765 eISSN: 1873-7374Abstract Published here
Memberships of professional bodies
- Chinese Economic Association UK (CEA UK),
- The International Society of Logistics (SOLE)
- European Association of Labour Economists (EALE)
- Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- 07/2021, “Income Inequality and Housing Affordability “ NBER summer institute.
- 09/2020, `Why does not the Two-Child Policy work?’ University of Surrey, Chinese Economic Association Annual Conference.
- 07/2020, ` Carbon emissions, technology up-gradation and financing risk of green energy’, 2020 International Conference on Energy Finance, Chinese Society of Optimization, Overall Planning and Economical Mathematics.
- 2019: Research workshops at Loughborough University, Peking University,
- 2018: Essex Search/Matching Workshop, University of Essex. 8th Search and Matching Annual Conference, University of Cambridge. China Economic Association Annual Conference, University of Edinburgh.
- 2017: Internal Research Seminar, Oxford Brookes University.
- 2016: Royal Economic Society, University of Sussex. Brown Bag Seminar Serious, University of Hull.
- 2015: Search/Matching Research Group Annual Meeting, Bristol. Search and Matching Conference, University of Cambridge. 10th International Conference on the Chinese Economy, CERDI, University of Auvergne.
- 2014: Search/Matching Research Group Annual Meeting, Edinburgh. Brown Bag Seminar Serious, Hull University Business School.
- 2012: Department of Economics, Oxford; Said Business School, Oxford.
- 2011: Royal Economic Society PhD Presentation Conference (Chair of the Search/Matching Session), City University London. Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance, Munich. Hertford College, University of Oxford.