Dr Rubin is a Co-Investigator in two large ESRC research projects on FinTech and Next Generation Services (NGS), firstly a £1.4 Million research project about Technology Driven Next Generation Insurance (TECHNGI) and a £230K research project about the emergence and evolution of NGS.
She has a PhD in Economics from Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia and a Masters in Economics (Finance) from the Technion University, Israel.
Her area of expertise is the economic impact of innovation and technological change, in particular, Knowledge Space, business incubators, and public–private collaboration to foster economic growth. Before her PhD, Tzameret worked for nearly a decade in the hi-tech sector; this experience enhances both her Academic- and Enterprise-related work.
Dr. Rubin is focuses on policy-oriented research. She is currently working on mapping the
service sector knowledge space, moving from micro-level data of startups to knowledge categories, creating the x-Tech ‘knowledge space’. Dr. Rubin also focusses on Accelerator and Business Incubators, in the professional services industry.
- 2020 – Presented in a NextGenPSF Webinar Series targeted for policy makers, academics, and industry, about ‘Adopting AI in Professional Services Firms: An International Perspective’.
- 2020 – Facilitated Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) workshop, about Entrepreneurship ecosystems, as part of AI for Services Academic Research Virtual Exchange Webinar.
- 2018 - Commissioned research for The Swedish Agency for Growth Policy Analysis, ‘Debt Financial Schemes’ Governments Support System for Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SME) in Israel’.
- 2018 – Chaired expert panel for the Ministry of Economics, The Flemish Government, about ECOOM (a universities-based research institute that advises the Government on innovation policy), the outcome of our panel work was a report that was handed to the Flemish Government with our recommendations for the next five years strategic planning.
- 2018 – A member of a roundtable discussion at The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), UK, about Boosting SME productivity.
- 2012 to 2014: Conducted several Innovation and Economic evaluations, quantifying the prospective direct economic impact of NSW Research Excellence Centres at a National level, for The Chief Scientist of New South Wales (NSW), Australia. The reports are available in SSRN.
Centres and institutes
Tzameret HR, Aas TH, Williams J, 'Big data and data ownership rights: The case of car insurance'
Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases online first (2022)
ISSN: 2043-8869 eISSN: 2043-8869Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
van Meeteren M, Trincado-Munoz F, Rubin TH, Vorley T, 'Rethinking the digital transformation using technology space analysis'
Technological Forecasting and Social Change 179 (2022)
ISSN: 0040-1625 eISSN: 1873-5509Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Rubin TH, Ben-Aharon N, 'Additionality of government guaranteed loans for SMEs in Israel'
Journal of Economics and Finance 45 (2021) pp.504-528
ISSN: 1055-0925 eISSN: 1938-9744Abstract Published here
Memberships of professional bodies
- Fellow at the Higher Education Academy.
- Exploring InsurTech Corporate Accelerators' Operations: Evidence from Lloyd's Lab, ISPIM, The International Society for Professional Innovation Management, Copenhagen Denmark 8th June 2022.
- Updating the APS Complex’: The economic geography of the digital transition in the APS-Complex: A technology space analysis’, GeoInno2022, Milan, Italy, 4th July 2022.
- Startups role in the transformation of the Insurance industry, Intelligent InsurTECH Europe, London UK, 14th October, 2019.
- Knowledge Space, Mapping InsurTech startups, Artificial Intelligence and Next-Generation Insurance Services ,London UK, 26th November 2019.