Dr Tzameret Rubin is a Senior Lecturer in Innovation and Management. She focuses on Postgraduate students’ supervision, and teaches cutting-edge innovation topics that connect Economics and Management disciplines. In her research, she leads multimillion research projects about digital transformation in the Professional and Finance service sectors.
Tzameret has a PhD in Economics from Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia and a Masters in Economics (Finance) from Technion University, Israel. Before her PhD, Tzameret worked for nearly a decade in the high-tech sector, and post her PhD she worked at the National ICT Australia (NICTA) Institute, and advised the NSW State Chief Scientist. This experience enhances both her academic and enterprise-related work.
Tzameret focuses on policy-oriented research. Her interest is the digital transformation in the advance professional service sector, in particular, Finance, Accountancy and Legal.
Tzameret leads a set of multimillion pound research projects in particular: TECHNGI (Insurance) NextGenPSF (Professional Services); TiPS (Accountancy and Legal), Digit Lab, and Inclusive Open Finance Passport, (Blockchain focused).
Tzameret is looking at different aspects of innovation within different ecosystems, start-ups and scale-ups knowledge-space mapping, acceleration programmes, investment aspects for innovation, and innovation adoption for SME and Large Established Organisations.
- 2020 – Presented in a NextGenPSF Webinar Series targeted for policy makers, academics, and industry, about ‘Adopting AI in Professional Services Firms: An International Perspective’.
- 2020 – Facilitated Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) workshop, about Entrepreneurship ecosystems, as part of AI for Services Academic Research Virtual Exchange Webinar.
- 2018 - Commissioned research for The Swedish Agency for Growth Policy Analysis, ‘Debt Financial Schemes’ Governments Support System for Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SME) in Israel’.
- 2018 – Chaired expert panel for the Ministry of Economics, The Flemish Government, about ECOOM (a universities-based research institute that advises the Government on innovation policy), the outcome of our panel work was a report that was handed to the Flemish Government with our recommendations for the next five years strategic planning.
- 2018 – A member of a roundtable discussion at The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), UK, about Boosting SME productivity.
- 2012 to 2014: Conducted several Innovation and Economic evaluations, quantifying the prospective direct economic impact of NSW Research Excellence Centres at a National level, for The Chief Scientist of New South Wales (NSW), Australia. The reports are available in SSRN.
Centres and institutes
Projects as Co-investigator
- Accelerating Innovation Adoption in Next Generation Professional Service Firms (led by Lancaster Uni)(01/05/2023 - 30/09/2025), funded by: Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC), funding amount received by Brookes: £357,538, funded by: Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC)
Trincado-Munoz F, van Meeteren M, Rubin TH, Vorley T, 'Digital transformation in the world city networks’ advanced producer services complex: A technology space analysis'
Geoforum Online first (2023)
ISSN: 0016-7185 eISSN: 1872-9398Abstract Published here
Tzameret HR, Aas TH, Williams J, 'Big data and data ownership rights: The case of car insurance'
Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases 13 (1) (2022) pp.82-87
ISSN: 2043-8869 eISSN: 2043-8869Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
van Meeteren M, Trincado-Munoz F, Rubin TH, Vorley T, 'Rethinking the digital transformation using technology space analysis'
Technological Forecasting and Social Change 179 (2022)
ISSN: 0040-1625 eISSN: 1873-5509Abstract Published here Open Access on RADAR
Rubin TH, Ben-Aharon N, 'Additionality of government guaranteed loans for SMEs in Israel'
Journal of Economics and Finance 45 (2021) pp.504-528
ISSN: 1055-0925 eISSN: 1938-9744Abstract Published here
Tzameret R, 'Economic Impact Analysis of Autonomous Containerised Freight'
Social Science Research Network (2017)
ISSN: 1556-5068Abstract Published here
Rubin T, 'Economic Impact Analysis of Automated Mines in Australia'
Social Science Research Network (2015)
ISSN: 1556-5068Abstract Published here
Rubin TH, Aas TH, Stead A, 'Knowledge flow in Technological Business Incubators: Evidence from Australia and Israel'
Technovation 41/42 (2015) pp.11-24
ISSN: 0166-4972 eISSN: 1879-2383Abstract Published here
Rubin T, Peled D, Bental B, 'The Achilles heel of a strong private knowledge sector: evidence from Israel'
InImpact: The Journal of Innovation Impact 7 (1) (2014) pp.80-99
ISSN: 2015-6002Abstract Published here
Li W, Rubin T, Onyina PA, 'Comparing Solar Water Heater Popularization Policies in China, Israel and Australia: The Roles of Governments in Adopting Green Innovations'
Sustainable Development 21 (3) (2013) pp.160-170
ISSN: 0968-0802 eISSN: 1099-1719Abstract Published here
Memberships of professional bodies
- Fellow at the Higher Education Academy.
- Tzameret H. Rubin (2022) InsurTech Corporate Accelerators’ Value Creation, The Interdisciplinary European Conference on Entrepreneurship Research IECER conference, Maastricht Netherlands, 26-28 October 2022.
- Tzameret H. Rubin (2022) Seville, Spain AI as General Purpose Technology (GPT) 29 September 2022.
- Tzameret H. Rubin (2022), The economic geography of the digital transformation in the Advanced Producer Services Complex: A technology space analysis. GeoInno Conference, Milano, Italy 4-6 July 2022.
- Tzameret H. Rubin (2022) Exploring InsurTech Corporate Accelerators’ Operations: Evidence from Lloyd’s Lab, in XXXIII ISPIM Innovation Conference Innovating in a Digital World, Copenhagen, Denmark on 05 June to 08 June 2022. Event Proceedings: LUT Scientific and Expertise Publications: ISBN 978-952-335-694-8
- Tzameret H. Rubin (2019) Startups role in the transformation of the Insurance industry, Intelligent InsurTECH Europe, London UK, 14th October, 2019.
- Tzameret H. Rubin and Michiel Van-Meeteren (2019) Knowledge Space, Mapping InsurTech startups, Artificial Intelligence and Next-Generation Insurance Services ,London UK, 26th November 2019.