- Professor Eila Watson - Professor in Supportive Cancer Care
- Professor Jane Appleton - Professor of Primary and Community Care
- Dr Cathy Henshall - Senior Nursing Research Fellow
- Dr Zoe Davey - OxINMAHR Research Fellow
- Dr Jo Brett - Senior Research Fellow
This UK wide study will use audio diaries and interviews to amplify and analyse the voices of student nurses in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as they describe clinical practice in the time of Covid-19.
Student nurses will narrate the ways in which their education prior to and during Covid-19 prepared them for nursing in the pandemic. They will describe the skills they have acquired and consider how these may be used in nursing within and beyond Covid's different phases. They will reflect on those educational interventions which produced the best outcomes.
The project will identify those factors that promote resilience in student nurses. Furthermore, it will map the impact of their current experience on their identities and professional futures as nurses. Finally, the project will generate key lessons for nursing pedagogy, practice, and workforce policy.