The aim of this series of seminars is to share the knowledge of the research activities in the School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics (ECM) with all staff and students and other interested people across the university by providing an update on recent developments.
Intelligent Systems Engineering Research Centre (ISERC)
Director(s): Dr Peter Ball
Contact: email@example.com 44 (0)1865483668
The Intelligent Systems Engineering Research Centre (ISERC) brings together skills and expertise in artificial intelligence (AI), computer vision, robotics and data analysis which are being applied to a wide range of innovating and exciting projects.
- Computer vision and AI techniques are being used to develop a Smart Autonomous Robotic Assistant Surgeon (SARAS) and also for research into enhancing autonomous driving.
- Action recognition in video images is being used in the development of mobile phone apps and the analysis of football players, and ‘Machine Theory of Mind’ is being studied for the next generation of action recognition.
- Criticality analysis is being used for gait analysis to investigate if clinical intervention can be effective for improving the health of obese children.
- AI is being used for smart visitor management and flow control at the UNESCO World Heritage site of Blenheim Palace
- Goal babbling and multi-objective reinforcement learning (RL) are being investigated to pioneer new approaches for task resolution in robotics.
- In collaboration with the Institute for Ethical AI, ISERC is exploring the concepts of Moral Agents and Social Norms in robotics and machine learning and Natural Language Processing are being used to perform automated contract law analysis.
The Centre facilitates interworking and sharing of knowledge between the research staff and students through a regular series of seminars which provides a forum for discussion and social interaction which encourages the generation of innovative approaches.
- Advanced Computer Science (MSc / PGDip / PGCert)
- Artificial Intelligence (MSc / PGDip / PGCert)
- Computing (MPhil / PhD / Masters by Research / PhD by Published Work)
- Computer Science for Cyber Security (MSc / PGDip / PGCert)
- Computer Science for Cyber Security (BSc (Hons))
- Computing Science (MSc / PGDip / PGCert)
- Data Analytics (MSc)