- Sibilla, M., & Kurul, E. (2021).Exploring transformative pedagogies for built environment disciplines. The case of interdisciplinarity in Low Carbon Transition, Building Research & Information, 49(2), 234-247
- Sibilla, M., & Kurul, E. (2020).Transdisciplinarity in Energy Retrofit, Journal of Cleaner Production, vol.250:119461,
- Sibilla, M., & Kurul, E. (2020). Assessing a simplified procedure to reconcile distributed renewable and interactive energy systems and urban patterns. The case study of School Buildings in Rome, Journal of Urban Design, vol.25:3, p.328–34
Innovative learning platform for Energy Retrofit (C-mapER)
This project focuses on the development of an advanced educational approach founded substantially on a novel application of cognitive maps and meaningful learning activities in designing technological solutions for energy retrofit.
Energy retrofit of existing buildings is complex. This complexity mainly emanates from the need to integrate disciplinary knowledge and expertise, both technological and managerial, in an interdisciplinary context to find buildable solutions that improve actual energy performance. However, training and education in professional silos, and the resultant fragmentation of the industry, is a significant barrier to integration.
This lack of integration during the design, construction and operation stages of a building’s life cycle is one of the reasons behind the ‘performance gap’. This proposal aims to close this gap by presenting the framework for a two-year Marie Curie Individual Fellowship.
C-mapER was tested from the perspective of different practitioners. Diverse levels of prior knowledge were involved:
- 20 undergraduate students
- 20 postgraduate students
- 20 researchers and PhD students
|Professor Rajat Gupta||Professor of Sustainable Architecture and Climate Change, Director of OISD and LCB Groupfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Esra Kurul||Reader in Organisational Studies in the Built Environmentemail@example.com|
|Dr Maurizio Sibilla||Senior Lecturer in Architectural Technologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|