Once new projects have been approved in mandate stage by the Strategic Change Board, the Change Portfolio Board will oversee projects in order to optimise their beneficial impact on the University’s goals. The board will:
- Shape, approve, monitor and control projects as prioritised by the Strategic Change Board in line with gateway process.
- Provide oversight, challenge, assurance and cohesion to the portfolio of projects, ensuring each project clearly demonstrates business benefits from the outset, and recommending cross-cutting portfolio enhancements to the Strategic Change Board.
- Champion and help to communicate the work of the board and the business benefits projects within the change portfolio are aiming to achieve.
The Strategic Change Board will provide strategic oversight and leadership of major aspects of change. The board will:
- Make decisions and recommendations on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor’s Group (VCG) regarding the delivery of major projects.
- Focus on ensuring that appropriate decisions are made regarding prioritisation, assurance, planning and strategic risk.
- Consider, approve and prioritise new project proposals through the integrated planning process and then approve full business cases and closure reports for major projects.
- Review the performance, alignment to Oxford Brookes' strategy and financial picture of the change portfolio as whole.