Support for students
Specialist support tutors will help students develop independent coping strategies in:
- Reading and researching techniques
- Planning, organising and editing essays, reports and dissertations
- Learning and memory techniques
- Time management, e.g. prioritising
- Revision and examination tips
- Using the specialist software packages
Specialist support tutors welcome liaising with academic staff, together with the student, to work more effectively as a team.
The Centre for Academic Development offers a study advice service to all students, including students with dyslexia/SpLD.
Information on support from subject librarian, longer book loans, photocopying allowance, reservation of short loan books, reference material and inter-library loans, colour video magnifier can be found on the Library website.