- The pension schemes offered by Oxford Brookes University are: Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS), Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), and the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS).
- As well as retirement benefits, each scheme provides ill health or partial ill health retirement benefits, death in service benefits and other family benefits.
- In all cases, retirement on ill health grounds will be subject to the rules of the relevant pension scheme in force at the time and is likely to require a medical assessment.
- Where a manager believes that a member of staff may be eligible for consideration for ill health retirement they should contact the link Human Resources team who will advise on the process to be followed.
- Occupational Health will arrange to meet the employee to review the case.
For further information, please refer to the scheme websites: