- No member of the Armed Forces Community (AFC) should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen.
- In some circumstances, special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
Oxford Brookes will seek to uphold the principles of the AFC by:
- promoting the fact that we are an armed-forces friendly organisation
- endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment
- seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible
- offering support to our local cadet units either in our local community or in local schools, where possible
- aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day
- supporting and promoting Reservists Day.